Thursday, November 1, 2018

4 out of 4 Star Review by Lesler

I am humbled that my story, though written for teens, engages intelligence adults, who write so beautifully! This review captured my heart because the reader's favorite character was not a human at all but a mischievous dog, who was based on my dog :-)

Here's a little of Lesler's 4 out of 4 Star Review "In The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid, Will Cleary is an unusual 12-year-old. His twin sister Emily disappeared ten years ago, and the whole in his family's soul has been hard to fill. When Will discovers he needs to enter Echoland to find his sister, he has a pet wolf and falcon who help him on his mission. Experiencing dangers of all kinds, Will must persevere to find his sister and make his parents feel better.

In an eleven-day journey through Echoland, Will works with Echoes to fight against the Fate Sealers. Fate Sealers are determined to end Will's life, and his companions do what they can to keep their charge safe. Can Will survive this hazardous land? Can Will find his sister once and for all? If Will finds and saves his sister, can they make it out of Echoland? Only time will tell in this thrilling Young Adult fantasy.

In the book's conclusion, the author states that he took twelve years to conceptualize the world of Echoland. This was time well spent, as I absolutely loved this book. The imagery provided was vivid, and I felt well connected to the main characters. I enjoyed Will Clearly, but my favorite character had to be Poudini, Will's trusty dog who traveled with him through Echoland. Poudini stole the scene at times, which provided much joy. The book also provided excellent illustrations that aided in telling the story.

This storyline was engaging, and the writing flowed smoothly. I found myself reading through the book quickly, wanting desperately to read as much as possible each session..." Keep reading on Online Book Club...

No comments:

Post a Comment