Saturday, October 20, 2018

My Secret: I Discovered the Best Way to Promote My Self-Published Book


I’m writing this post for other authors promoting their book on a small budget. Though I have tried advertising with Facebook, Google, Goodreads, Twitter and Amazon, I eventually discovered that the best return on investment came from the little known site OnlineBookClub.org.

This is a community of book readers with over 1 million users, who actually leave reviews after they read your book. And in many cases, the reviewers will also agree to post their honest review on Amazon. At no point do you pay the reviewer or communicate with him or her, which keeps the system honest. 


I took this screenshot on October 20th, 2018
Check out The Crystilleries of Echoland today

I began by purchasing an initial review, which was then featured on the forum. I later decided to buy a review package. This meant that I paid OnlineBookClub.org for making the book available to 50 readers to review. After about 3 weeks, reviews started to appear on the forum. What I love about these reviews is how in-depth they are and how unique to each reader. I also found that the more the reader liked the book, the more enthusiastic she or he were about sharing their opinion on Amazon. As an added bonus, the reviewers list any typos they encountered.


OnlineBookClub.org update me by email when a review posts. The site’s Author’s Dashboard is very easy to use, so with one click I can request that a review be shared on Amazon too. I haven’t yet tried any advertising with OnlineBookClug.org because my budget is truly small, and I wanted to focus and getting the book into the hands of readers. I have decided, however, to spend all my future budget here and nowhere else. It is an interesting experience in itself, because any success The Crystilleries of Echoland will achieve will be due to this book club.

So many places online just seem to grab your money and offer little in return. I hope this trade secret helps you spread the word about your book without leaving you feeling flea-bitten all over.

Award-winning author, Tal Boldo
Pen names: "Dew Pellucid & E. L. Neve

No comments:

Post a Comment