Friday, July 13, 2018

Author Interview with Dew Pellucid

Here's a snippet from my interview about "The Crystilleries of Echoland"... and other things, really.

What advice would you give other writers? 
For me, reading a lot in preparation for becoming a writer was most helpful.

How did you decide how to publish your books? 
I first tested the waters with literary agents. But I decided to self-publish in the end. It gave me more creative control. After all, I am not writing in order to make money but because it makes me happy.

What do you think about the future of book publishing? 
There's a lot of good mixed in with the bad. Author's can reach out to readers directly. A niche book can find an audience. But the marketplace has a stronger voice now. Books don't have to pass a quality bar, so long as readers are willing to read them. But literature isn't easy to read, it's not fun in a meaningless way. So what will happen to literature if the bar for success is a sales ranking?

Keep reading on Book Goodies Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment