Monday, June 11, 2018

Audiobook Release: The Crystilleries of Echoland

❄️       ❄️       ❄️ 

Dear Unlucent Sounds,

The Crystilleries of Echoland audiobook is here! I love how it turned out!


"In this middle-grade fantasy, a young hero must ally with his alter ego in an intricate parallel universe in order to rescue his sister and save his own life." --Kirkus Reviews

❄️       ❄️       ❄️ 

MAKING AN AUDIO BOOK
3 months ago I picked my favorite narrator for my story. It wasn't an easy choice. I spent hours listening to audio samples...until I found B.J. Harrison. I bought one of his books and spent many nights listening to him. At last, I thought, "This is my dream narrator. Now what? How do I convince him to record my book?" I REACHED OUT to B.J. with a link to the story and illustrations. In a few hours, I heard back. He read the first chapter, loved it and agree to narrator the story. Yay!!! ☺️

2 MONTHS LATER
We started work on the book. After lots of brainstorming, we came up with over 40 character voices. I have no idea how B.J. kept them all straight, but he did! And just as I hoped, he proved to be an exceptional reader. He breathed my words to life. His gift for acting out emotions made every character real. He never over or underacts a part. And his narration style carried me so deep into Echoland that I forgot I invented it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment